When it comes to choosing the best crystals for pendulums, you may feel lost.
What’s the difference between crystal pendulums? Why would you use one and not another? We’re going to dive into these answers below.
But if you’re short on time, here’s the short list of ideal pendulum crystals:
- Clear Quartz – For strong intentions and chakra alignment
- Amethyst – For spiritual discovery
- Rose Quartz – For matters of the heart
- Pyrite – To explore opportunities
- Labradorite – For a psychic boost
- Rainbow Fluorite – For big decisions
- Lapis Lazuli – To reveal inner truth
- Obsidian – To dive deep into your psyche
Table of Contents
What Are Gemstone Pendulums Used For?
Gemstone pendulums are amazing tools to channel energy into answers.
They swing in one direction to answer “Yes” and another direction to answer “No” to questions you ask.
It sounds simple—and it is—but pendulums can help you better understand yourself and make important decisions.
You might use a pendulum to find out:
- Whether or not a job offer is beneficial to you
- If your chakras need alignment
- Where the best place is for you and your family to relocate
- Where you put something you lost
- What you should eat and what you should stay away from
- Information about your past lives
How to Use a Pendulum
Just got a crystal pendulum and want to learn how to use it?
Here are the steps:
- Cleanse your pendulum to clear negative energy. Depending on what type of crystal it is, you may use moonlight or sunlight, salt or fresh water.
- Connect with your pendulum. Find a quiet place, sit comfortably and hold your pendulum in your hand to feel its energy.
- Learn how your pendulum answers “yes,” “no” and “maybe.” You can start by saying, “Show me a ‘yes,'” then wait for the crystal to swing in a clear direction to show how it answers for “yes.” Repeat for a “no” and a “maybe/inconclusive.”
- Test your pendulum by asking questions you know the answers to. Example: “Is my name Sue?” Remember, pendulums only answer yes/no questions, not open-ended ones.
- Preface your questions to make sure you’re getting the most objective answers possible. Begin questions with “Is it true and accurate…” For example: “Is it true and accurate that garlic aids my digestion?”
- Ask your questions. If you get “maybe” answers, try being more specific. But if it’s not in your best interest to know, your pendulum may not say.
Best Crystals for Pendulums
1. Clear Quartz
- What it does: Amplifies energy
- Use it to: Get quick, clear answers to any type of question
Clear quartz makes one of the very best materials for a pendulum.
The reason is that it amplifies energy. Clear quartz will clear your mind and strengthen your intention, which can supercharge your questions.
As a result, you’ll receive your “yes” or “no” answers quickly and clearly.
You’ll also get a strong swinging motion from the energy amplification of the crystal, making it easier to tell the difference between “yes,” “no” and “maybe.”
On top of this, clear quartz can balance and align all your chakras.
- What it does: Expands your consciousness
- Use it to: Channel information from spirit guides and the cosmos
Amethyst is an excellent crystal to use in a pendulum, especially if your goal is to explore your spirituality.
Tied to the crown chakra, amethyst opens the door to universal consciousness.
This expanded consciousness is great for divination and channeling information through your intuition.
Amethyst is also perfect for connecting to your spirit guides if you want their help directing your pendulum sessions.
3. Rose Quartz
- What it does: Fosters a peaceful, loving space within
- Use it to: Answer questions from your heart
If you need help with your relationships or love life, rose quartz can be of particular use to you.
Rose quartz centers you in your heart chakra and promotes pure, unconditional love. This is an ideal place to start from for matters of the heart.
However, you can also use a rose quartz pendulum any time you want answers from your heart rather than your head.
- What it does: Stimulates the will and personal power
- Use it to: Gain insight into business, career and opportunities
A great tool of manifestation, is often tied to business and career success as it can help generate wealth and opportunities.
It also draws luck to you, which is never a bad thing.
Because pyrite flows with this type of energy, it’s recommended as a pendulum to gain insight into any areas where your material opportunities lie.
Also, if you’re considering a career change, pyrite is helpful because it resonates with your innermost potential and talents.
- What it does: Connects you to other realms
- Use it to: Perform psychic readings
To bring back knowledge from other realms, consider labradorite.
This iridescent stone has deep associations with magic, astral projection, clairvoyance and telepathic communication.
If you ever wanted to recall a past life or peek behind the veil of our reality, labradorite could assist you.
An empowering stone, labradorite also encourages you to travel inward and learn about your own gifts and talents.
Before a labradorite pendulum session, consider sleeping with it near you or meditating with it. This will help you connect to the stone and let it guide the right questions to ask.
6. Rainbow Fluorite
- What it does: Gives mental clarity, concentration and logic
- Use it to: Make big decisions with a focused mind
Not only does this crystal make a drop-dead gorgeous pendulum, but rainbow fluorite can also help you work out big ideas and concepts that need greater focus and analysis.
You can think faster and more fluidly as you connect together the larger picture, which can inspire some interesting and important questions to ask your pendulum.
This can be especially beneficial for making big life decisions.
Bonus: Rainbow fluorite can also surface your natural psychic abilities.
7. Lapis Lazuli
- What it does: Promotes intuitive self-discovery
- Use it to: Tap into knowledge from your higher mind
A stone of great wisdom, lapis lazuli helps you receive knowledge from your higher mind and gain better self-awareness.
Through lapis lazuli, many seek to unveil their inner truth, accept it and integrate it.
As lapis lazuli assists in understanding the information you receive, you can see yourself more clearly and learn what truly drives you.
- What it does: Exposes the depths of your subconscious mind
- Use it to: Do profound psychological work
Obsidian has been loved, feared and respected throughout history.
It treads the line between the dark and the light, surfacing emotions and experiences buried in our subconscious minds to reckon with.
This is part of shadow work, an underappreciated (but essential) step toward spiritual evolution.
You can also use an obsidian pendulum to better understand any physical ailments of the body, especially when they have emotional causes.
How do I choose a crystal?
You can use a pendulum for this!
Going down a list of crystals you’ve gathered, ask your pendulum whether each crystal will serve your highest good.
If you’re not using a pendulum, you may want to choose a crystal you’re instinctively drawn to. Trust your intuition to guide you.
If you can, hold the crystal you’re considering buying in your hand first so you can feel its energy and determine whether you like it or not.
Otherwise, we recommend getting an idea of what you want to heal or accomplish with crystals. Then, do some research on which ones will give you the results you want.
The Crystal Questions categories are a great resource for this.
What is the best crystal to wear daily?
The best crystal to wear daily is one that meshes well with your energy.
However, some are more common than others. Here are some of the most frequently worn crystals that give plenty of positive benefits:
- Rose quartz – For love
- Amethyst – For peace
- Citrine – For abundance and joy
- Green aventurine – For balanced emotions
- Labradorite – For psychic connection
- Moonstone – For relaxation
- Tiger’s Eye – For confidence and determination
- Smoky quartz – For energetic grounding
Read Also: What Is the Best Crystal to Wear Daily?
Where do you put tiger’s eye?
One of the best places to put tiger’s eye is in your office to attract luck and opportunity to your work.
You can also place it at the entrance of your home as you walk in the door, or at the entrance of any room.
These areas are the northern directions associated with career and life path on the bagua map in feng shui.
You can also put tiger’s eye over your solar plexus chakra, which is the upper abdominal area, to open that chakra and fortify your confidence and personal will.
What crystal is good for anxiety?
If you’re feeling anxious, use one or more of these crystals for relief:
- Rose quartz
- Watermelon tourmaline
- Smoky quartz
- Black tourmaline
Do you have to cleanse your crystals?
Yes, you should definitely cleanse your crystals regularly.
Cleanse them also when you first get them.
Crystals can absorb negative energies from previous handlers and environments that can lower your vibration and cause unintended side effects.
However, they can be cleansed with fresh water or salt water and recharged in the sunlight or moonlight. The type of crystal you have will determine what type of water and light you feed it.
Keep in mind, any crystal can be cleansed with sage smoke as well.
How long do crystals stay charged?
Crystals don’t have a set timeline for how long they’ll stay charged.
It’s more about how absorbent of energy they are, how often you use them and what types of energies they’re exposed to.
For example, an onyx will need more regular cleansing and charging as one of its main “jobs” is to absorb negative vibrations. So it really needs to be cleared often.
Can you wear amethyst every day?
You definitely can wear amethyst every day.
Its soothing energy is good for the soul and nourishing to the emotions.
Wear it as often as you like if you want to increase your inner peace, or to keep that strong connection to the universe.
How do you use crystals for the first time?
After cleansing a crystal, you don’t have to do much.
Either wear it on your body, carry it in your pocket or place it in a good spot at home or work and let it perform its magic.
You don’t need to do anything special to use crystals, rather than just bask in their energy.
However, it’s always nice to really target a crystal’s benefits by meditating with it.
However, you might consider this a “next step” in working with crystals.